What is CASPA?
- The Central Application Service for Physician Assistants is a full service, web-based application system that will allows students to apply to multiple participating PA educational programs with a single application, as well as facilitate a streamlined admissions process for programs.
- Convenient and efficient way to apply to multiple programs.
- Comprehensive online checklist and instructions.
- Eliminates the need for duplicate application documents.
- Real-time status updates, accessible from any device.
- Dedicated customer service and support.
Benefits to PA Programs
- Access to applicants and applications through WebAdMIT admissions portal.
- Exposure to a broad spectrum of applicants.
- Facilitate contact with prospective applicants.
- Significantly decrease administrative burdens by reducing data entry and filing responsibilities.
- Create export files and reports with specified data points.
- Dedicated support staff.
Ninety percent of accredited PA programs use CASPA, and each has its own needs. So for CASPA 3.0, we’re saying goodbye to the standardized, one-size-fits-all application and hello to customizable features.
Starting on April 22, 2015 — when
the 2015-2016 application cycle
opens — programs will have access to a program
management portal through
WebAdMIT, enabling them to include optional
requirements on the CASPA
application. Here’s what the new version will
allow you to do:
- Old Version: In previous versions if you wanted, for example, an essay or writing sample, you had to collect that information through an internal supplemental application.
New Version: The new “Custom Questions”
feature enables you to
add program-specific questions that applicants
are required to complete
before submitting an application to your
program. Their responses will
be viewable in your WebAdMIT admissions
- Old Version: You had to contact applicants separately to request documents.
New Version: Applicants can now upload
required documents — such
as a CV, military papers, or professional
license — to your program’s
- Old Version: Previously, this feature wasn’t available.
- New Version: The new “Prerequisites” feature allows you to enter your program’s course requirements, and your applicants are required to match their transcript coursework to your listed prerequisites. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to review the materials to determine if the courses meet your requirements; this just provides an additional checkpoint for the applicants before they apply.
You can also contact Danielle Di Silvestro, director of applicant & student services, at 703-667-4323 or ddisilvestro@PAEAonline.org.
CASPA - https://portal.caspaonline.org/
Pre-PA Applicants, Applicants, and Students
Visit PA Focus - http://pafocus.org/ - the
microsite created specifically for pre-PA
students, applicants, current PA students, and
veterans for information on:
- Weekly blog topics and announcements
- What is a PA?
- PA Students
Programs Interested in CASPA Participation
Click here for information on PAEA membership and how to participate in CASPA.
Contact Danielle Di Silvestro, Director of
Applicant & Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or
703.667.4323 for more information.
Current CASPA Programs
Click here to access webinars, trainings, surveys, data presentations, and additional application cycle information.